CBD is a popular health product that’s gaining interest all over the world. While many people are incorporating it into their daily healthcare routines, dog owners are also using it to help their pups
As a business run by a dog-loving family, we know how important your four-legged family members are to you. If you’re considering using CBD for your dog, read on.
The health benefits of CBD for dogs
While more research should be conducted on CBD for dogs, a few promising studies suggest it can help with a number of issues. For example:
- Pain. In one study in dogs, researchers looked at the effects of CBD on dogs with osteoarthritis. After four weeks of consistent CBD usage, the dogs became more active and mobile, and their pain levels had decreased.
- Anxiety. CBD is known to decrease anxiety in humans, and according to a 2018 survey of US veterinarians, many dog owners successfully use CBD to reduce anxiety in their dogs.
- Skin disorders. CBD is a well-known anti-inflammatory drug, and one 2012 study on dogs showed that CBD reduced atopic dermatitis, an inflammatory skin condition caused by allergies.
- Seizure conditions. As with humans, dogs with epilepsy seem to benefit from CBD. Regular CBD doses decrease the severity and frequency of their seizures.
CBD is also said to help with depression, diabetes, and sleep disorders in humans. Future studies will reveal whether this can extend to dogs.
Many people also use CBD to reduce the symptoms of cancer and the side effects of cancer treatment. When our beloved family dog, Suga, developed a rare form of cancer, we gave her CBD to help with symptoms like pain and anxiety. Sadly, she passed away in May 2020, and in her honor, we donated a crate of our Whole Hemp Dog Treats to our local shelter.
Is CBD safe for dogs?
We highly recommend talking to your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD. They can recommend a dosage for your dog based on their weight and symptoms. How to give CBD to dogs.
How to give CBD to dogs
Here at NuEvo Organics, we offer two CBD pet products:
- 250mg Broad-Spectrum Zero-THC Oil Tincture (which is bacon flavored)
- THC-Free Whole Hemp Dog Treats (in a pumpkin and peanut butter flavor)
The tincture can be squeezed onto their favorite meal or treat. It can also be squeezed directly into your dog’s mouth, if you’re able to do that!
We recommend giving a consistent dosage of CBD to your dog every day. Start with a low amount and increase it gradually if needed. To be safe, it’s a good idea to talk to your vet about using CBD on your dog.
Thousands of dog owners across the US are using CBD for their beloved pets, and the research on CBD and dogs shows that it has the potential to benefit them. Take a look at our CBD pet products if you’d like to try it for yourself.
This post was written by nuevoadmin